So there’s only a few days left of the year! How was 2017 for you and your business? What were the highs? The lows? And how are your plans going for 2018?
Here are some top tips on how to end your business year on a high!:
- run a few reports (own systems, marketing files and ask your accountant) based on where your profit has come from, where leads have come from, cost of sales etc. Then you will know where to focus your time and budget on for the following months …
- run some analytics on your website (Google analytics) and your social media profiles. Are your followers increasing, what keywords are they using to find you?
- Do you post and tweet etc haphazardly or could you get more organised to save time and to enable more consistently? Use a tool like Hootsuite to schedule and create a content plan for 2018
- review your messaging. Do customer s engage? Do you need a strap line?
- carry out some research amongst your clients and prospects. Ask them what they want, what do they need …
- review and check off activity from your business or marketing plan (assuming your have one!)! Have you done all you set out to achieve
- look at your expenses. What are you spending lots of money on? Does his effort result in more sales?
- who has helped you this year? Do you need help again in 2018, whether outsourced or employed. Negotiate costs and contracts
- what events and networking did you do? How did the events go? What else can you eg more speaking, more handouts or props?
Good luck with your review! Here’s to 2018 ….