Who uses social media? As a professional marketeer I know how hard it is to keep up with the latest changes to the way we can market our businesses online, so here is a summary of what to look out for, what to do and some top tips:
- Did you know Linkedin auto creates company pages for your business from time to time. Search up and see if you have a profile and then take over ownership. Linkedin Co pages are good for SEO and searches.
- Articles in addition to posts on Linkedin are a good way to promote yourself and your wares. Note though that these don’t get notified to followers anymore.
- Have you come across Twitter lists? Lists can be a good way to help you organise your followers to allow you to search quickly for updates and news.
- Looking for what to post on, on Twitter? Use the trends bar on the left side for ideas.
- Facebook – now videos auto play and with auto sound! Beware if watching videos in the busy office!
- On Facebook did you know you can follow a page without liking it?
- Instagram is now a force to be reckoned with. When using this tool, hashtags are vital
- It is recommended you make your Instagram account a business/open account. This allows more followers to find you and it will give you insights too.
- Looking to jazz up your photos? Try the Boomerang app.
- Hootsuite – the free accounts are being limited to the number of posts you can make per month now. In trial now. A “professional” account is recommended.
So now you have a whistle stop tour of the latest changes in social media.
Top tip – there are often no straight forward answers to social media and the complex algorithms behind them, so take it for what it is sometimes.
Happy posting …