Here are some PR tips for you.
1. Journalists like to be given content (press release or editorial or an article) as it helps them out. They don’t want to receive anything, so research what features they are covering in upcoming issues. If you are going to submit a release, make sure it is newsworthy eg charitable angle, growth, award wins and so on.
2. When sending a press release, follow a template eg headline, sub headline, date, main copy and how to get in touch for more info. Include an image or photo, but not your company logo.
3. Remember PR is one of the marketing tools. It is a free tool and isnt the same as advertising. As it isnt paid for then there is no guarantee it will be published. PR is great thought for raising your profile.
4. Find out your industry’s magazines and follow these online and offline. connect with the editors on social media too.
5. Lastly, if you are on Twitter, search under the #journorequest Journalists use this when they need articles or interviews on certain subjects. Great way to respond and help them out.If you can’t help, share it as that stands you in good stead with them for future requests.
Any help needed, ask me.