First off, I would like to start off with some top tips and #SEO quick wins
- Is your #website Google verified? (ask your web person/host if you are not sure)
- Is your website #Mobileresponsive / #Mobilefriendly? (ask your web person/host if you are not sure)
- Does your website have a #sitemap.xml? (ask your web person/host if you are not sure)
Many clients I have spoken to have often dabbled with SEO or used suppliers and not had great results. Many promise the earth and don’t deliver. SEO, like many other aspects of marketing, isn’t a magic wand or a miracle worker, but there are some guidelines to follow and some things to do to get the best results you can.
Get on Google
- As well as the above top tips, here is another. Is your business on Google maps (also known as Google my business or Google places). You may have one set up that you don’t know about so search for it and “claim” a listing if it is yours. If you already have one or are setting one up, then make sure it is 100% set up
- ask for reviews (great for boosting your rankings) and
- add photos to make it stand out and interesting.
(here is an example of Pinpoint Marketing’s, and please leave a review if you would like to! thanks!!)
Has Linkedin set up a company profile page on your behalf? This can happen so check if you have one and then claim it as yours and get promoting and networking online!
Confused by what keywords that you should use and what to potential clients type in when searching? Google has a free search tool. Check out https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool
When adding pages or building a website, don’t forget to include and update Meta titles and Meta descriptions. Also bear in mind geographic searches. #toptip – have you submitted your website to the free online directories out there?
Don’t forget to make sure Google analytics is added to your website (grant access, add the code and ask your website host if you aren’t sure) so you can log in regularly and track visitors/users, bounce rates, pages views, pages that are of interest and so on. Key parts of #Googleanalytics to look at are users, acquisition and behaviour.
Keep content up to date and include keywords too. Blogging is a great way to maximise and showcase your content.
Would you like help with your SEO, website or reviewing your Google Analytics then please ask me and I will happily point you in the right direction!
Note – This blog is a very quick overview and if you aren’t sure on certain aspects then always ask an expert.
Another Note – I put all of this into practice myself and always have done, but I got reminded of a lot a of this advice and learned more on a SEO course by http://www.onetothree.co.uk/