Thank you to Athena for letting me guest speak at the #Athenabizhour. In case it helps, here is a summary of the Marketing questions that I got asked.
- How do you keep up to speed with social media technology? I said to master one account at a time. not all accounts are suitable for all business/types of markets
- What would I say are the marketing pillars for SME’s? I said a marketing plan! http://pinpointmarketingconsultancy.co.uk/packages.html
- Which social media profiles do I use? I use Twitter, Facebook for business, Google+ and Linkedin
- Do I use Twitterbox or do I recommend it? I said, no I don’t use this tool
- What frequency of posting do I recommend on social media? I said three times a week for FB/Linkedin or daily for Twitter
- What are my thoughts on the importance of branding? I said branding is vital as it shows a businesses ethos, culture, image and messaging. A must have!
- Is advertising still worth while to do? I said yes if it is measured, if the right media is chosen and if the ad includes a worthy call to action
- How can someone improve their monthly minute? I said to be specific and to include a call to action. Include facts or use props!
- How can someone increase Facebook likes? I said to post regular and interesting content. You can also pay to boost posts and run ads