My answer is yes it does! I have found a customer and a new contact purely through Linkedin recently. However, to get the most out of it, there are ways of using it to get the best results. Here are some tips:
- Have a profile photo
- In your job role/biog, include what the business does e.g. MD at Cars, a local taxi service or professional taxi service operating throughout Bucks with reliable drivers and cars and reasonable rates.
- Regularly post items e.g. industry news, law changes, company news, resend articles from other contacts, tips and free advice
- Make connections with all your suppliers, customers, past customers etc. This can usually be done by synching with your Outlook account
- Include all your expertise/skills
- Ask for recommendations and recommend others
- Monitor the account regularly to keep up to speed with what people are talking about, looking at etc.
Good luck with updating your profiles.
If you need help with your profiles or indeed if you need a profile setting up, please ask me.