In times of recession and times when at your most busy, businesses often make the fatal mistake of cutting back on marketing because they don’t need it or say they can’t afford it. These assumptions can often prove very costly and it most definately isn’t the right approach.
With this in mind, here are some free and low cost ideas:
- Make the most of social media to post information, post offers and network
- Attend networking events
- Revisit your customer database or your stack of old business cards
- Get back in touch with past customers
- Starting using a low cost emails marketing tool and send out an email
- Track your last email campaign sent. Is there anyone you could call as a follow up?
- Simply pick up the phone and make a few calls to a few contacts
- Ask customers past and present for recommendations or referrals
- Make a few simple but effective updates to your website
- Are your online profiles up to date with a call to action?
- Get some free PR/editorial
- Sign up to free, online business directories
- Ask around family and friends for their contacts
Looking for more ideas? Try here