Does this sound like you and your business? It is true that July and August often see a dip in sales and new enquiries for many businesses, but what can you be doing to remain productive and to use this time to prosper in the future?
Here are some ideas that you could look into to help your business once the school holidays are over and everyone is back from the beach:
- Revisit your order book. Are there any customers who haven’t brought from you for a while that you could call up/email or pop into? Revisit the relationship
- Have you send out any quotes recently that haven’t been confirmed or turned down that you could follow up on?
- Use the quiet time for some market research. What is the market doing? What are your competitors doing? What else could you be doing?
- Review your website. Is it up to date or is there old content that needs changing or deleting?
- Brainstorm ideas for September onwards to bring in new business like new email campaigns, start social networking etc
- Attend more networking events and raise your profile as well as raising awareness for your business?
- Get online and network. Use professional tools like Twitter and LinkedIn to get yourself and your products known out there
Make the most of the lull for a great Q4!