For any business, communications with customers should always be two-way. You need to listen to what they want and need and they will then be more open to your communications. There is a fine line between under communicating and over communicating. Each could have a detrimental effect on your business. Too much can be seen as junk and spam and too little could turn customers over to competitors who are communicating properly.
Email has now enabled businesses to cheaply yet effectively communicate with their customers to increase sales and turnover. So, how can you better reach and impact on your customers?
Here are 7 top tips:
- Keep your communications regular
- Allow your customers to decide what they want to receive and when
- Keep your customers in mind when writing to them
- Be clever and personalise all greetings and content where you can
- Show appreciation to your customers for their custom
- Be careful and make sure your communications are legal
- Be honest when communicating with customers at all time
Keep in touch …