If you are reading this then the answer must be “yes” for my blog. So, what about yours? If you don’t have one and are considering one or if you are thinking about how to get more readers to your blog, then read on …
Blogs are a great way to raise awareness for your business and its products and services, as well as raising your profile as the writer. You might even start to be seen as the industry expert in your field! They are also very cheap to set up and easy to maintain, as long as you have the time and content.
So, are you ready to write? Whether you are going to write your own blog or outsource it to a marketing agency, follow these top tips for a readable blog and you won’t go far wrong.
- Plan. Know what you want to achieve from your blog and then write it and time it accordingly. Always think of the reader when doing this, after all, you are essentially trying to sell and promote to them.
- Titles. Make your titles interesting so readers are intrigued when they come across your blog.
- English. Always you the right words and make sure you check for grammar and typos before publishing.
- Replying. If you get any comments or questions to your blog, always make sure you reply. It is polite after all.
- Be constant. Be constant and frequent in your postings.
- Topics. Stick to your topics and themes. Don’t go off track.
- Links. Link out to other websites and blogs. It is good for SEO and traffic.
- Promote. Promote your blog to customers. Grow your readership and spread the word.
- Don’t be cold. Don’t be too formal or impersonal. Be friendly with your reader. See your blog as a conversation.
- News. Use news. Be topical and refer to what is happening in the big wide world.
- Guests. Use guest writers. Bring in some variety and a new voice and tone. Change is good.
- Don’t stop! Regardless of how busy you get, don’t stop blogging. Keep going. You can always outsource in busy times!
Happy Blogging …