Marketing is not just for the big boys, but it is for all businesses regardless of size, market and management. It is a common mistake that many business owners feel that they cannot market themselves without pots of money. This isn’t necessarily true.
Marketing on a budget can be done and it can still reap results or ROI (return on investment). Benefits from marketing, regardless of budget, can be for the short and the long term.
Here are my top 5 tips for marketing with results, and all on a budget:
- Review and evaluate your current marketing spend. Look at what you have spent in the past and what this spend gave back. Are there any costs you can negotiate on or things you can cut back on? Can you change the way you do things to save money and resource?
- Set clear marketing goals for your business. Having clear goals will keep your mind and your business focussed on achieving your goals and sticking to your budget. Make your goals SMART.
- Attract, win and keep customers. Keeping customers is far easier, and cheaper, than winning new customers. Can you get more from your customer base by selling more or selling different and/or additional products and services? Ask customer for referrals and testimonies that can help draw in repeat business and new business too. Case studies are a great advertising tool for any business. Team up with related businesses too.
- Get some PR for your business. A press release or printed editorial is free and a great tool for gaining awareness and publicity for yourself and your business. As well as the local and national press, also consider PR online too. Combine these efforts with social networking for all around promotional splash. Be creative and write with the journalists and readers in mind.
- Use technology to reach your customers. Many online based tools and marketing methods are very cheap to use, such as email campaigns and social networking. Text marketing can also be included as can blogging.
For more top tips, sign up to receive our monthly newsletter at http://www.pinpointmarketingconsultancy.co.uk/