Has something interesting happened to or within your business that you want your customers and target market to know about?
So, what are you going to do?
PR! Write a press release! Write a release for the journalists covering your target market and instantly raise your profile and awareness for your business. This press release can be online or offline, depending on what your customers read and view.
Journalists are busy people so your PR needs to strike a chord with them and their readers and make them take notice, so you need to write and plan carefully before submitting any copy.
What can you do to get your press release published? Read these tips:
- write your copy with your customers in mind. what will they be interested in?
- make it newsworthy e.g. unique, new, charity led, innovative, topical etc
- make it emotive or controversial, funny or surprising
- include supporting research
- include a quote from yourself or the business owner
- engage the reader and evoke a response
- keep the copy to the point, sufficient words but not too lengthy
Now you have enough to write a release, once you have done it, how will you get it published? Read these tips:
- submit it to the relevant editors and journalists by email
- make a – phone call to chat about it or call them first then email your release through
- promote your content elsewhere online e.g. via your website, via social networking, via your blog, via article sites like Ezine etc
- use the content in business conversations and engage a response
If you get stuck and need a copy editor or writer, give Pinpoint Marketing a call!