According to The Marketer magazine, who quoted a LinkedIn poll recently of more than 100 UK marketing directors, they found that 50% of British businesses don’t have a formal strategy for social media. They also found that 34% of respondents reported their approach to be basic, while 17 per cent cited theirs as non-existent.
So, what would you say your approach is? Basic, nonexistent or full on?
At Pinpoint Marketing, our approach is advanced. We blog weekly and use social media at least 2 times a week. So, does it work? Have my efforts been rewarded?
YES! 87% of visitors to my website in the last month came from the search engines. As I do not invest in pay per click/AdWords, so the only real way I get visibility online is through organic SEO. Essentially, this organic SEO is achieved through updating my website with links to my social media profiles and links to the my blogs and vice versa.
It is all about having an online presence and connecting the various webpages and profiles together to create a seemless, one stop shop for improved marketing!
If you are looking to get started in social networking or ramp up your efforts, follow these get started quick” top tips:
- Create a LinkedIn and Twitter profile
- Create a Facebook page
- Upload relevant detail about yourself including experience, photos, images, other links
- Get recommendations to prove your work
- Ask to connect to colleagues, suppliers and clients and raise your profile
- Finally, but most importantly, plan your social networking strategy! How often will you update these profiles, what will you say, how will you follow up and who will you get to make these changes and updates?
For more views on social media and why it could be the making of your business, click here.
Pinpoint Marketing – always here to help …