There are many reasons for having a website for your business. The primary reason is of course for marketing purposes, known as online marketing, which involves promoting and selling your business to new and potential customers in order to gain sales and increase profits. Online marketing, as a term, also encompasses blogs, social networking (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and so on), online advertising, SEO and PPC (pay per click).
As for the website itself, these generally have three purposes.
1) to be a “brochure” website e.g. like a flyer or brochure which explains your business, its services, how to contact you, images and so on. This type of website is used in conjunction with other marketing activities like advertising, networking, PR and so on.
2) this website is a “selling” website e.g. this is the only marketing activity used to promote the business and to generate leads.
3) an ecommerce site, purely for selling like Amazon.
Whatever your site’s purpose, a website is like your sales person, but it works 24 hours, 7 days per week. A website can first impression as well as a final impression, which you don’t want.
If you don’t have a website, then why not? Online marketing is the fastest growing area in marketing and one in which all businesses should be involved in. Starting a website doesn’t have to be daunting or as expensive as you think, if you consider the following points:
- ease of use for the user
- good use of images
- branding and messaging
- contact information
- links with external sites
- good and compelling copy
- content management system for quick updates
- call to action on every page
- excellent Home page and so on …
For more information on how to get more visitors and traffic to your website, check out one of my previous blogs.
So, what is your website like and what does it say about you?
Pinpoint can carry out a website review for you for just £90! This review will include feedback and recommendations for improvement as well as statistical analysis on how your website is performing. You can’t afford to miss out on this great offer.