The answer is a huge YES! This week’s blog aims to explain why.
Social media usage has grown dramatically recently and is still rising. It is now a huge part of most small businesses online marketing strategy.
So what is social media and why would it work for your business?
- It is the clever but simple integration of technology, social interaction and words.
- It is a new marketing tool, readily at your disposable. However, it isn’t like the older forms of marketing such as TV, print and radio.
- It is a way to present your products and services, as well as presenting yourself and your experience
- It also allows you to share your stories, feelings, understandings and therefore empathise with customers, making you more attractive. After all, people buy from people.
- Lastly and more importantly, social media allows two-way communication between a business and its customers.
Two way communication is key to building relationships with new customers as well as keeping in touch with existing customers.
Good relationships lead to good business, which leads to a good bottom line with healthy profits.
It is very simple and free to set up a profile on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Regular content can then easily be posted by you or another source, allowing your targeted marketing to begin!
If you are interested in finding out more, ask about Pinpoint’s promotional offer to get you started in social networking.
Promotion ends 31st Jan 2011.