This blog aims to give you 8 simple and effective direct marketing ways to find NEW customers. If you market to a customer directly, you will get a more specific response as it is targeted. This type of response is ideal for small businesses who are short on time and budget.
Direct marketing can also help you measure the success of the campaign afterwards. This is essential as no one likes to spend money with reaping back some return on the investment.
So, what are the 8 great ways to find new customers?
- mail shots – letters, flyers, brochures sent to customers
- database handling – is it easier to get existing customers to buy more than to find new ones, so review your current database and update it
- leaflet drops – one of the cheapest forms of direct marketing. Suitable for B2B and B2C
- Telemarketing – validate your database of follow up on your sent campaigns
- B2B telemarketing – people at work are more receptive to cold calling than when they are at home
- email marketing – email out your message on mass. Tracking is also available when using some online email software tools. (Read about my email marketing packages)
- SMS text marketing – message people on the go
- Fax marketing – probably the least used tool, but worth bearing in mind
So what do you need to consider before you send out your next campaign?
will you use an agency?
when will you to send it out?
what budget will you need?
who will you send it to?
what will you say?
what will be your call to action?
how will you send it out?
how will you track it?
Confused or need any advice, just email me with any of your questions.
Good luck with your direct marketing ….