In these hard economic times, it is easier to sell to customers you know over finding new ones. Your existing customers will play an important role in maintaining and hopefully growing your business going into the new year.
It is worthwhile remembering that 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers.
I now want to explain more about how a simple but regular Newsletter or email campaign can be used to communicate to your existing customers. So, why send a regular newsletter?
- Each issue allows you to advertise and promote your business
- Your customers will see you as positive, proactive and educational. Be seen as a market leader amongst our competition
- Customers will know you are still around and going strong, as will your suppliers and staff
- Use the newsletters to build loyalty and for you to be a constant presence in the marketplace
- Newsletters can also help drive traffic to your website and raise awareness for the company
- Regular communications can also help you to keep your database accurate
- One final benefit is using the newsletter to gain vital feedback from your customers as to what they are interested in and what it is they want from you
You can expect up to a 4 to 5% response rate to a targeted campaign, e.g. contacting people you already know. If you use an untargeted/unknown list of 100 people and you get the response expected of 2%, this could give you 2 new customers!
Investing around £200 could bring you 2 customers. If they each spend a minimum of £100, you have more than covered your investment.
Can you afford to miss out on new business?
For further information on what content to include, how to send the newsletter, when to send, how to follow up, how to use internal and external resources, I have it all ready for you.
Sign up for free tips here – www.shortontimeandcreativity.co.uk